Pages

Monday 4 September 2017

I'm Back!

If you were wondering, where I've been, well I have a broken arm.

Straight after school, on Tuesday the 15th, I decided to go on the trampoline. Usually I can do cartwheels really well, but... not on that day. I was bouncing and bouncing and started my cartwheel. As soon as my arms were straight, I started coming down. Just before I landed I knew it wasn't going to end well.

I landed and then... SNAP! Yes, I heard my arm snap. With a high-pitched scream I quickly walked inside to my dad. Eventually when ambulance arrived they gave a whistle which was full pain relief. But when I opened my eyes it felt like I was in a dream because everything looked funny. But of course, before I got into the ambulance I had to say goodbye to my cat.

Because I broke both bones in my arm, I had to have surgery. All they had to do was put in three wires to straighten up my arm. This surgery was my first surgery I've ever had, so before I fell asleep I was petrified. I couldn't even control my body. It was really weird.

But now, I'm finally back at school. I'm so glad that I'm back.

6 comments:

  1. Prudence,

    We are so glad you are back and that you are ok. It gave us all a bit of a fright to hear that you had broken your arm - in two places no less. We were surprised because you are such a sensible person. I guess that is what an accident really is, something bad that happens that isn't about being sensible or not.

    How did your friends respond with you coming back to school? What have you missed from class that you are sad about missing?

    We are glad you are back, even if it is just with one arm at this stage.
    From Mrs Spragg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, yes, I was a bit surprised myself. I never really thought I would break my arm by doing a cartwheel. Usually I can do them really well! My friends were very excited, I was very popular! I really missed just seeing my friends and all the fun things that we were doing. Unfortunately, I couldn't do my speech or digi awards.

      Prudence

      Delete
  2. Woah Prudence! That is such an interesting story - a good recount of what happened to you. I really like that you included the photo of the x-ray! What a snap! This reminds me of when I fell out of my treehouse and broke my arm! Did you get to pick which colour your cast would be? I am also impressed that you were able to write this story - did you use voice typing to help you? Maybe that will have to be your go to for a while!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes I did choose the colour, it's bright pink. Nope, I just typed with one hand, which I struggle with, but I'm getting used to it now.

      Prudence,
      Yaldhurst Model School

      Delete
  3. My poor girl. You were so very brave going through the surgery and staying in the hospital for two nights. I know we didn't get much sleep!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I know right! I couldn't wait till I could have a proper sleep. Thank you for staying at hospital with me and supporting me.

      Prudence, xoxo

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.