Pages

Thursday 8 June 2017

Narrative Story

For the past two weeks, we have been creating Narrative Stories. I had a lot of fun doing this. I think planning my story challenged me because I wasn't really sure what to write because I had so many ideas.

We haven't finished just yet, so this is not a finished product. But here is what I have done:

The Missing Hat

The shimmering sunlight shining onto the tall dry grass, a nice warm breeze passing through. A young lady, called Kayla was having a picnic. She was wearing a short summer dress with a straw hat resting on her beautiful long blonde hair. As she was eating a sandwich, it became really windy and her beloved hat flew away to the other side of the slim grass.

Kayla rested her sandwich on her plate and searched through the grass to get her hat. She pulled back a clump of grass and found wild animals. Why would there be wild animals in the middle of a field? But Kayla still couldn’t see her hat so, she climbed through the grass to find even more animals. Zebra’s, Giraffes, Lions.

Suddenly, Kayla could here fast pacing footsteps coming closer and closer towards her. She looked to her right, and saw that a wild boar was charging at her, and it seemed to have a hat on it’s head. Kayla looked closer at the hat, it looked exactly like her hat. But there is no way to get it back.

Quickly, she jumped back through the dry grass to escape from being pushed over by the wild boar. She scurried back to her picnic spot, and sat down to catch her breath.


Then Kayla could hear rustling from the grass. She started creeping away from the grass. Suddenly, a ginger chicken came through the brown grass, with Kayla’s hat on. “What? A chicken?” Kayla said, with a confused look on her face. Kayla grabbed the hat off the chicken and put back on, and continued her picnic.

2 comments:

  1. Cool story so far....looking forward to the rest of it. You are painting some good pictures with your words. I laughed when I read about the chicken with the hat on as I had such a clear picture of it in my mind :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't it lucky that the lion wasn't wearing her hat?! I can't wait to see what else pops up in that field! Great writing sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.