Pages

Friday 24 June 2016

Rock Climbing Adventure!

This week our writing focus was to use more interesting ways of starting our sentences. This will hopefully make our writing more interesting!

It was finally the 20th of June, I have been waiting a long time for this date to come. It was the day for the year 7’s and 8’s to go rock climbing at Cattlestop Crag! I was so excited to go rock climbing. We were all excited because it counted towards our William Pike Challenge.


Finally when everybody arrived to school we could set off to the Port Hills to have some fun rock climbing. When we arrived, we met our rock climbing teachers, Steven and Josh. After a long lecture about keeping safe while climbing, we put our helmets on and our harnesses and we were set to go climbing! The two values we were focusing on was pride and resilience. IMG_0719.JPG


I started on the easiest wall that was there, I went first. On my first go I got half way up but then I got down. When I got back on the ground I wanted to go back up but I had to wait to have my next turn. So instead of just sitting there waiting for my next go, I helped Miss Blair with the belaying.

IMG_0694.JPG

When it was my turn to go rock climbing again I got all the way to the top! I was very proud of myself. After that my last thing I had to do was the abseiling. I went first in my group, as I looked over the edge of the rock I froze, but eventually I started walking down the wall. When I finally got back on the ground I wanted to go back up there and do it again, but unfortunately I could only have one turn.


Finally it was time to hop back in the car and go back to school. I really had a great time rock climbing and I really want to go back up there to enjoy the view again.




1 comment:

  1. What an exciting adventure Prudence!!! You are very brave, I could not have climbed down the wall. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.